POLICE have not ruled out the possibility that financial problems led a man to kill his family in Taman Cerating Damai in Kuantan, today.
In the incident at about 7 am, the 32-year-old suspect is believed to have attacked his mother, wife and two daughters before he was found dead, believed to have self-inflicted injuries.
Pahang Police Chief Datuk Seri Yahaya Othman said police were investigating the motive for the incident from various aspects that led the suspect to act in such a way.
“Based on initial information, the suspect had just stopped working in Selangor last month and had just taken on a job in this district.
“He had been living at his mother’s house with his wife, children and three siblings for the past month.
“The motive is under further investigation, but we are not ruling out the possibility of financial problems, and are still investigating,” he said when met by reporters at the scene of the incident.
He added that initial checks also found that the man did not have any records of mental problems.
Earlier, Yahaya said, the tragic incident was discovered by one of the suspect’s 15-year-old younger brothers, who was at home after hearing a commotion in the house
“The results of the investigation found that the suspect, his 28-year-old wife and their two daughters, aged three and four, were found dead in a room.
“The suspect’s 55-year-old mother was found dead in the kitchen,” he said.
Yahaya informed that police also seized a knife believed to have been used in the incident.
“There were clear cuts on the victim’s body, but we are still waiting for the full autopsy report,” he added.
All the bodies were taken to the Tengku Ampuan Afzan Hospital (HTAA) for autopsy.
The case is being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder. – February 17, 2026